THE PRESENCE



Then I opened my eye
It felt like waking from a terrible dream
And there you were; an unmistakable presence
Standing still with that dead crooked grin
It was at least six feet from the foot of my bamboo bed
Yet it felt heavy
The tightness
As in a grip around my neck
Choking till I was breathless and blue all over
Confused.



Your presence
A familiar scent
Six feet away yet it seems sufficiently close
To suck all the air from around me till every molecule vanishes
I closed my eye again now
Then you vanished from the darkness encompassing
Like in the figment of my imagination
The vestige of terrible yesterdays and poignant memories
Then once again a cool gust of air romanticized my eye
And I felt my lungs breath again
Filled with the life gases extinguished just seconds ago
I inspire
Alive again as the heat of your presence trailed off
And your un-presence was the tombstone rolled away
For my breathing space to grow
And my aspirations tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO MAKE LIQUID AIR FRESHENER (…best DIY formulations ever)

WHY YOU MAY NEVER BE EMPLOYABLE UNTIL...

An interview with Professor Farombi on COVID -19 Pandemic