WHY YOU MAY NEVER BE EMPLOYABLE UNTIL...

by Adedoyin Shobo


…But what did the people that say you are not employable expect?
The cold war between the Soviet Union and America lasted for decades and was based on a myriad of issues from the Arts, economic prosperity to Science. It was the war of the titans indeed, the who's who countries stood in the battlefield...in the gladiator’s coliseum of the mind. The result was the explosion in the technological advancement today from rocket science to smart phone science…
The question of education is a quest for survival. It is a quest of how-much-do-you-know-before-you-run-out-of-your-precious-life...lines. It is the flint that forges the infrastructure that makes life a little more meaningful and interesting.
I highlighted below - a montage of sanctimonious words from the bible. It pontificates in the curious voice of a child and the wisdom of a grey - bearded geriatric that has seen-it-all.
“Be ye diligent in all things...one day you will seats with Kings and the who's who of this world and not mere men.”
These words hit me flat in a face that has known darkness all his life. Like a blinding flash of illumination from the sun.
I had seen darkness, eaten with darkness and in fact romanticized its potency among my people. Everything seemed all nice. Ok I lied. Until now I realize I had endured this falsehood.
Until now did I come to this awakening.
Hello Good morning comrades!!!
I have reached the ends of the earth, my country – Nigeria, in search for knowledge. I have sailed both the sweet singing winds of the North and South. I learnt that in order to have the Nigerian dream (the dream locked in a safe far from you and your generations to come. Sorry) I must ride this tumultuous demon-possessed sea. As a matter of fact, many of my comrades have been on this Rubicon since forever and yet to bring news of their sojourning.
I wonder if the felicitous words of the Preacher were indeed intentional to come to such conclusion that there's nothing to this life...this useless life...all is vanity.
"Always look happy and cheerful. Enjoy life with the woman you love, as long as you live the useless life that God has given you in this world. Enjoy every useless day of it because that is all you will get for all your trouble."
Yep don't wonder where it is. It is an Ecclesiastical admonition.
As a child, my folks would say at the end of the lore at night ‘Education was the light to my feet and the light to my path.
News flash!!! I am still-in-the-dark and It’s frigging crazy and beyond comprehension. I have just concluded my doctorate degree and it still doesn't feel like the feeling I thought I would feel. I am not in cloud nine. I don't feel on top of the world. For the life of me, I don't have feel on the world. I feel submerged and beneath the world.

How could I have come this far? How could I have taken these leaded knocks of life for nothing? All for nothing.

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO MAKE LIQUID AIR FRESHENER (…best DIY formulations ever)

An interview with Professor Farombi on COVID -19 Pandemic