ATTENTION DEFICIT


ATTENTION DEFICIT

Like stars flung carelessly on a nightly mural
a jigsaw puzzle
the handiwork of a blind man
Like arrows in the hands of army of limbless lepers
words of a drunkard heavy with booze
atomic particles without orbits to tread
a child without a name
caste without order
like wildfire to a forest
genesis without apocalypse
A strong beam of light
nonetheless a dark black hole
like the sun imploded on itself
and all life forms dead on creation
like being invincible and locked away in chains
like being a dumb Einstein
a fool at 40
a whiz at 10!!!
a slave on the ottoman
a king in the prison.

My mind is set on the arctic
yet racing on the route down south
my soul - 
one too many fireworks string along
winner in the dressing room
vanquished in the ring
young and restless
currents of endorphins and other super hormones
an endless maze of hedgehog

I am a valedictorian - 
a disservice to the nation in need
profile: 100 % imagination, 0 % knowledge
hard to ace the board exams
And my mind is an ice-cube
a solid particulate matter hardwired genius
bound a little too much to do anything of worth.

I'm haunted
by vapour-like demons disappearing in acts
marauder-spirits pillaging fertile fields of timeless invention.

I'm clueless
yet I know it
that my naivety is only the physical impression of a malady
the sickness of the mind
hypersensitivity - a depressive pothole
escaping through a tunnel of amnesia
the heap of garbage
presence of thoughts, incoherent ones
I'm a resident of an infinite parallel universe
I know but i don't know
I'm sure but can't say
maybe it's my mind playing tricks
a game on the roll
denying acceptance
my choice unsolicited
like or not,
active or passive
my side is chosen
my path determined
it is a treacherous road to success
marred by attention deficit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY YOU MAY NEVER BE EMPLOYABLE UNTIL...

LAGOS DRIVE

HOW TO MAKE LIQUID AIR FRESHENER (…best DIY formulations ever)