Story of the Monkey and the Crocodile

 

Source: www.ImportantIndia.com
Reviewed by: Adedoyin Shobo


Once upon a time, a monkey lived in a mango tree beside a lake. He used to throw ripe mangoes into the lake, and a crocodile ate them. The crocodile became a great friend of the monkey. They often chatted as they ate mangoes. The crocodile also took some mangoes home under the water for his wife.
One day, the crocodile told the monkey that his wife was very pleased with the mangoes, and she had asked the crocodile to bring his friend to her.
“Please, friend, grant my request. Come to our house with me. She must see you. She is very grateful to you“.
The monkey said, “But how can I go into water? I cannot swim!”
The crocodile told him that he should simply sit on his back and hold on to him. “Trust me. You will not drown“, said the crocodile.
So, one day the monkey sat on the back of the crocodile. He asked his friend to swim on the surface for some time.
During this ride, the crocodile, who was very simple, told the monkey that his wife wanted to eat the heart of a monkey. The monkey was scared to hear this, but he did not express his fear. He cleverly told the crocodile, “I am sorry, friend, I have kept my heart at home on the tree. Take me back; I will fetch it for your wife.”
The foolish crocodile swam back. As soon as he reached the bank, the monkey jumped off his back, and climbed up the tree.
“Good bye, friend!” he said from above, “your wife will never taste a monkey’s heart! ”

Lesson Learnt: by Dedoyin

Words are very powerful, so powerful they have the energy to make or destroy the most noble intentions. When we speak, we should do so out of discretion. Words can lead people to their prosperity or prison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO MAKE LIQUID AIR FRESHENER (…best DIY formulations ever)

WHY YOU MAY NEVER BE EMPLOYABLE UNTIL...

An interview with Professor Farombi on COVID -19 Pandemic